Shop Smart this Christmas – here are a few ideas for you from us
1. Write a list of who you need to buy for and set a budget for each person
2. If you traditionally buy gifts for many adults or children, suggest changing to a secret santa ballot where you only have to buy 1 or 2 gifts but at a higher value. There are great free online secret Santa draws you can use. I have used this one before – https://www.drawnames.com.au People can add a wish list that will make everyones life even easier!
2. Start early. That way you can comparison shop.
3. Don’t rush. When you’re stressed, you’re more likely to buy silly things.
4. Block out shopping time – save the stress of battling the crowds at Christmas time and shop online, like at Sash & Belle – www.sash-belle.com.au we have many handbag designs to choose from. If you are heading to the shops, take a Monday or Tuesday off work as they are the quietest days for shopping.
5. Have a set amount of cash per person (maybe put each amount in a separate envelope) When it’s gone, stop buying.
6. Shop and buy local, that way you are buying something unique and you are supporting your own community! Handmade and Australian designed products are excellent quality.
7. Load up on seasonal grocery bargains. Baking supplies, for example, are often on sale during the holidays.
8. Shop after the holidays for next year’s decorations and cards.
9. Above all, have fun, Christmas can be stressful but only if you let it.